Presentation of six guides developed by RDF was held on 4 October, 2013, at the meeting with the council of National Scientific and Methodological Center of the Vocational Training Agency (NSMC VTA) of the Ministry of Migration, Youth and Labor of the Kyrgyz Republic. The following guides were created as a result of the project on “Dissemination of Kyrgyz traditional pastoral and environmental knowledge and support of community in co-management of mountain ecosystems in the Kyrgyz Republic”.
Presented guides are:
- Traditional knowledge of nomadic kitchen for use in the profession “Cook”
- Traditional knowledge of the life and culture: natural coloring and patterns for use in the technology of garments
- Traditional knowledge on physical development and education of young people
- Traditional knowledge on the history of the Kyrgyz life and culture for the subject “Adep”
- Traditional knowledge on the use of pastures
- Traditional knowledge of pasture grasses
These manuals have been tested at two pilot vocational schools, № 28 of Belovodskoe village (Moscow district) and №81 of Bokonbaevo village (Ton district).
In the process of guideline development and pilot testing, RDF worked closely with Kalikan Jakypova, the head of “Human Resources Development” laboratory of NSMC VTA. During the discussion, members of the NSMC noted that the guide is very useful for teachers and practical training masters, and that they can be used in a curriculum and as a preparatory material for lessons. As the end of the meeting they decided to approve our guidance bookelts, and accept them as teaching material in the two pilot vocational schools №28, Belovodskoe village (Moscow district) and №81, Bokonbaevo village (Ton district). They also recommended further distribution of these bookelts to other vocational high schools in the country. They took a keen interest in the positive outcome at the vocational school № 81, where the students’ diet now includes “kuurma tea”, a useful addition to the healthy diet of youth for its high-calorie and low-cost.