The goal of the project:
Conservation and protection of the Snow Leopard and its habitat through establishment of the dialog between practitioners of the cultural and spiritual practices, between elders and youth of local communities, between students and local population in order to launch the initiatives, called “LOSL Friends”.
Period: June 15, 2019 – July 14, 2020
- Team Leader Raimbekov Japarkul – spiritual practitioner
- Kutman – poet improviser
- Temirbekov Gulmira – coordinator
Pastoral Network “Kyrgyz El Akyl Kazyna” (KEAK- safe guardians of Traditional Knowledge)
Counsel of local Aksakals
Local Women Committee, Youth Committee
Local government institutions, schools, educational institutions
- Population will be informed about sacral meaning of the Snow Leopard, taboos, TK on wildlife and flora associated with natural habitat of the Snow Leopard.
- Local NGOs, leaders of the communities, women and youth committees, and mass media will be aware of LOSL activities and initiatives of the member countries.
- «LOSL Friends» groups will be formed with goal to support initiatives, conducted by Japarkul and RDF on conservation of the Snow Leopard
- Programs on TV and radio with participation of Japarkul will be organized, as well as interviews in local newspapers will be issued.
- Meetings will be conducted in local communities, educational institutions